Position: Annuals Coordinator Department: Farmstand Purpose: To oversee the merchandising and selling of annuals, hanging baskets, vegetable plants, herb plants, spring and fall bulbs, mums and fall plants, poinsettias and Christmas plants. Reports to: Farmstand Managers/Greenhouse Managers Essential Functions:
• Greet customers and assist them with annual plant questions.
• Create and maintain plants displays to demonstrate how plants can be used together.
• Be thoroughly acquainted with all Farmstand procedures including: Running the POS system, logging Daily Sheets, pricing, stocking etc,.
• Supervise and train staff on annuals tasks.
• Facilitate and oversee daily projects in the annual sales area and ensure these tasks are accessible by all staff working in the annual sales area.
• Assist the Farmstand and Greenhouse Managers with plant trainings, plant maintenance and watering.
• Maintain fully stocked benches.
• Create promotional displays and special sale displays for highlighted plants.
• Maintain relevant signage in all areas of the annual sales area.
• Create trucking lists for the Greenhouse crew and assist with the unloading of plants.
• Assist with ordering gardening retail supplies such as soils, fertilizers, and gardening amendments. Working Environment:
• Exterior of the Farmstand with exposure to weather conditions.
• Interior of Farmstand, in normal retail conditions.
• Interior of Greenhouses, in hot and cold conditions.
• Working in other areas of the farm can be expected at certain times of the year when the annuals area at the Farmstand is not busy.
• Prior plant and supervising experience preferred. • Must have excellent interpersonal skills. • Must provide excellent service to customers. • Must have excellent oral and communication skills. • Must be available to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
The farm will provide educational opportunities and resources to the plant coordinator to accomplish these goals. Spring Ledge Farm strives to be a work environment where open discussion and solutions based communication is the top priority.