The John Hay Estate at The Fells position of Outreach Director and Systems Administrator job description:
The Outreach Director directs, manages, and has hands-on responsibilities across many aspects of the John Hay Estate at The Fells operations to support and achieve progress toward meeting its mission and maintaining its financial viability.
The Outreach Director participates in the hiring, training, and supervising of the John Hay Estate at The Fells part-time year-round staff. The Outreach Director is directly involved with the John Hay Estate at The Fells Volunteer Program and it is therefore necessary for the applicant to have a warm personality and the ability to greet and assist visitors, volunteers, members, and donors with a welcoming and helpful manner. This full time, year-round position requires a versatile skill set and as all staff members, is looked upon as an ambassador representing The Fells.
Manage the Volunteer program to recruit and retain volunteers, maintain volunteer database, communicate with volunteers, organize appreciation events, and coordinate volunteer requirements for staff and event chairs.
Skills required include social media plan and all outgoing communications; the applicant must be familiar with email marketing, working with a website, Facebook, and understand advertising and marketing principles.
The applicant must also have a working knowledge of basic technology. Should enjoy and comprehend database management which records, collects, and supports the John Hay Estate at The Fells Bloomerang database.
The Outreach Director supervises Members Services, Event Coordinator and Housekeeper in coordination with the Executive Director.
Processes electronic mail and works with Marketing Committee on Fells Brochures & Maps
Christmas at The Fells: Collaborates with graphic designer, Marketing committee on brochures, ads, posters, etc. Also collaborates with the volunteers during the event. Manage multi-week major fundraising event, including coordination of decorators, staff, volunteers, and outside vendors.
- College degree with 5 to 10 years of experience in a field closely related to historic site and/or museum management.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements.
- Experience recruiting coordinating and collaborating with volunteers or similar large staff.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and an ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Proven ability to build relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Well-developed diplomacy, planning, organizing, and coordinating skill with a strong attention to detail. Superior written and oral communications skills necessary.
- Proficient with Excel and Word. (Adobe In-design or Photoshop a plus)
- Comfortable with basic accounting principles.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assist with Main House preparation for opening at the beginning of the season.
- Assist with publicity across the organization including a variety of social media platforms.
Compensation: based upon credentials and experience of candidate.
Availability: The position is available immediately (January 18, 2023)
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls.